Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Breaking the 1500 Barrier...A New Playchess High

It was a week ago I played a rated game on Playchess against a 1664 and won. This sent my rating upward in a crisp fashion. Most of my victories come as a result of taking advantage of my opponents inferior position, a position he/she creates for themselves. One day, I will be good enough to force this on lesser opponents, but that requires many boring hours with static positions from a book by IM Jeremy Silman or IM John Watson. For now, the tactics that can be found as a result of inaccurate play from across the board is my gain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations.

takchess said...

If you continue the tactics I predict even higher ratings. Discontinue them (like me) and you may experience wild cycles (like me). Nice to see your success.