Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cafe Anyone?


I just received a gift. Actually, it was four gifts...from the Republic of Panama. Let us take a good look. Well, now there is five things. I gotta like this! Okay, first things first. I have in my hand a bottle of Panamanian rum. A big bottle of Carta Vieja Ron Anejo. I like it! Next we have two T-shirts. Nice, I can us those right away. They are beautiful. Oh my god, what is this? Two fetching bags of Panamanian coffee. I love coffee. This here is some of the best in the world. Nobody seems to know about it, but I do. A bag of Cafe Sitton and a bag of Cafe Ruiz. Where is the coffee maker? Yes, cold crystal clear water and add 3 coffee scoops of Cafe Sitton and turn it on. Waiting. Whilst we wait for it to brew let me add that I drink lots of coffee. I have tried all kinds of brands. I like Millstone, but it doesn't taste any better than Folgers to me. Lately, I have been buying the cheap stuff. The Fort Leavenworth commissary has Eight O'clock Coffee for $2.59 a bag and it taste better than McDonald's coffee. I can't say Starbuck's coffee is that great either. Dunkin Donuts coffee beats Starbuck's both in price and taste. My question is why go to some coffee house, or restaurant, when you can make something better at home? Wow, let me tell you the aroma from that Sitton Cafe is just capital! A little sugar and some creamer...sip...longer sip...ahhhh. Yes, indeed. That is great coffee. I love my gifts!!!!

2 comments:

HardDaysKnight said...

I enjoy my coffee too! Recently in one of the local rags there was an article on roasting your own coffee beans; apparently you can bring out some great, errr, nuances in the flavor; haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure I'll get around to it.

The retired pawn said...

HDK, This Panamanian Coffee rocks! You don't have to drink 3 cups to get amped up with the Sitton. I have yet to try the Cafe Ruiz or Cafe Duran. I think these are better than Kona. I have tried to roast my own beans (once), but it turned out tasting like burnt offerings. Try it, you might get an usable product.

If you noticed, I write about many things on my blog. I write 3 blogs at the present time. Two are really the same, but the 360 crowd put up a fight and begged...so I write there and tranfer to this one with some changes. The other is for my chess club: www.thechessclub.blogspot.com

I hope you come back from time to time.