Thursday, June 7, 2007

Hurry Home Soon My Son

My little man has left. He is my partner and friend and I will miss him. We do everything together. He is my son...a reason to arise in the mornings and make a grand breakfast. I miss him already. Yesterday I fixed him some biscuits and sausage gravy. This morning he had oatmeal and toast. Maybe I should have cooked up some pancakes. The fluffy ones he loves so much...yeah, I should have. We left at 8:30 am for the Kansas City International airport. I let him drive there because it makes him feel grown and that he is doing something for the family. He was mature acting. He found the perfect parking space and took his bags to the check-in counter of the airline. I heard him ask if the flight was on time and seen him flash his passport. A picture of a grown man. I didn't want to let him go and I don't want him gone for the whole summer. However, his grandparents in the Republic of Panama have been waiting for a visit for years and I must not disappoint them with my selfishness. As they called his flight I hugged him goodbye and silently prayed that he will have a safe flight and for his safety in general. I need my wing man...I need him as I need oxygen...he is my life! Please be safe son and return home soon!!!!

No comments: