Monday, June 4, 2007

The Lion Queen...Judit Makes Her Kill!!

Hurray, Judit won a game! I like this very much. Judit has had a disappointing candidate match thus far. Her opponent is a very exprienced Russian Grandmaster named Evgeny Bareev. After game four the score was Bareev 3 points and Judit had 1 point. Yes, a very hard place to be and near impossible to recover from. Judit has a heart of a lion and went for the kill! I know most who read this blog wouldn't understand the notation, but believe you me when I say it was a most exciting game. If you wish me to post the entire game just ask. I will put the final position above for all the enjoy. The score after today stands: Bareev 3 points and Judit 2 points. One game remains in the match. If Judit wins then they play sudden death blitz (5 minute games) until one of them wins a game. Judit can not draw...or she loses her match. Go Judit Polgar!!

This position arose out of the Caro-Kann Defense, Two Knights Variation. Judit played book moves until she unleashed a novelty on the ninth move with 9. Bf4N. After that her position looked lost, but she fought on to the above position. Can you find the mate?

No comments: