Friday, June 15, 2007

"Honest Abe?...whatever!"

Take the challenge...the Rozerem chess challenge. You have to face the mighty chess playing spokes-beaver. He taunts you and insults you, just as he does with "Honest Abe". I find that I can beat him...no problem. He claims: "I didn't see that coming". He plays like a patzer! Go one...take the challenge.

While you busy playing the beaver I will be taking a real challenge and tackle my sixth unit of tactics with the Personal Chess Trainer. So far, I really like it. I am almost addicted...which is great because I am more apt to do my training. Also, I have to log-in to Playchess and get busy with live opponents. Last night late, like 2 in the morning, I played against a 943. Don't know why I did, except that I needed to play. However, I was struggling with him. I was so angry when I missed a mate. The final result was victory for me. I had little trouble getting the advantage with Black in a Sicilian (18 pawns worth), but my trouble was I couldn't close the deal. Maybe I should do these things earlier.

No comments: