Thursday, June 14, 2007

Morning Routine

Yes, a BIG cup of Cafe SittoN to get me cranked up this morning. Yesterday, I finally broke down and purchased some chess software that I longed for a while now. I am the proud owner of the Personal Chess Trainer 2007 version 3.0. This is a tool that will help me focus on my chess studies. This particular one is helpful for Tactical training and you do problems in units. Also, it can be used for Endgame training, Opening training, Strategic training, and to play chess games against the chess engine Crafty 17. I can almost draw that chess engine. I still use Fritz 10 chess engine for all my real chess work. Fritz kills Crafty! I have other tools as well. I have a copy of ChessBase 9. This little gem organizes my played chess games and lets me analyze where I went wrong and how to fix it. I can do this along my repertoire for White and Black and by opening systems. BIG sip...ahhh! Best get cracking...Saturday is the championship.

2 comments:

HardDaysKnight said...

I'll think you'll like PCT; I feel that even in the few short weeks I've been using it that my game has improved; by the way, this took me several days to figure out, so I'll pass it along: with PCT you can quickly copy the position over to Fritz; in PCT use Ctrl-c, then go to Fritz and use Ctrl-v. Also, don't foget that Fritz has the theme blitz feature which is quite handy for playing a number of games from a given position.

The retired pawn said...

HDK, I do like PCT very much! I have been using it since yesterday and have added both the tactical units and endgame units to my training cycle. I have already done 4 units in tactics and 1 unit in endgames. I tried the opening training, but I prefer the Chess Position Trainer 3.3 for that. It is free and once you learn all the little tricks you can develop your own repertoire and train the way you want. Also, I managed to obtain ChessBase9 along the way...won it. I use thing to manage my repertoire, both White and Black, and by opening system. I am geared to increase my rating. Thank you for stopping by!!!