Friday, June 29, 2007

IF AT FIRST....

I finally was able to get the screen shot from my Personal Chess Trainer 2007 with a little help from the Hard Days Knight and my son Christopher (who went to college at James Watt University, Greenock, Scotland, for Multi-media). Thanks you both for all the help!

As you can see I have been working hard on middle game Tactics. This area is the most important at my level (USCF 1293 and 1370 Playchess Blitz). I find the positions edifying and relevant to my games. The position include those with up to a three move combinations that lead to check mate. I worked through 15 units in two weeks and I see some results in Tactic identification. The PCT 2007 does offer even more.
While I was looking about I notice the endgame trainer, which I use to good effect. Also, I notice the opening trainer. At first glance I thought it was unless because it didn't train me in my selected repertoire. Since then I have come to realize that it is good in it's own way. You may play through the main lines of the select openings to about move 11 or so. This has help me clear up some issues with my Sicilian Defense. Anyone who reviewed my games will agree that their was some mixing of the system, which was costing me tempo. I believe this has now been solved. I have used it for the main line of the Scotch Opening, both ...Nf6 and ...Bc5 lines. The trainer doesn't allow my to train in my Scotch Gambit or the Stonewall Attack, but what the heck! I highly recommend this trainer.

1 comment:

BlunderProne said...

Huzzah!

Welcome to the insane world of tactical training via Knight's errant MDLM!

Good luck in your quest.

-bp