Friday, May 4, 2007

All in a week's work




Okay, this is the type of thing I have to look at all day! Does anyone recognize this position? I can give a clue. This position was once in a James Bond movie! Helpful, isn't it? LOL. I am supposed to be studying for my chess club's championship, which will be played in June. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it together this week. I am on line at Playchess, as I write, waiting to play a practice game. Then it is off to analyze the results and work on my short comings. Additionally, there is tactical training and endgame studies and more practice games. This is a never ending cycle. Oh, I haven't even started to mention all that goes into a tournament game of chess. That is why I decided to try writing about it. So I can vent a little and so people can read about my trials. I won't just write about chess. I am retired from the U.S. Navy with over 26 years of service...some of which was very interesting, educational, and very much a bunch of crap. Those of you who know me know what I am referring to. Just so nobody misunderstands, I served proudly and often recommend service in the Navy. It is the curse of any organization that I refer to: Political Back Stabbers. You know the type. Saving themselves by throwing someone else overboard. Also, I love going to amusement parks and riding the tallest and scary-est roller-coasters around, but I also like those drop rides as well. There is nothing like a free fall feeling from about 200 feet up!!!

No comments: