Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Freedom isn't Free

I need help. I need help financially. I need help financially and physically. I need help financially, physically, and mentally. I just need plain help! As a Naval Veteran of many military actions (Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Granada, El Salvador, Panama, and the Gulf War I) I have seen my share of horrors. If you add pulling dead bodies out of the sea, looking down the barrel of a weapon as it is discharged, putting a graves registration card on a dead Marine who had more holes in him than Swiss cheese, almost drowning in the line of duty, and countless other episodes that left emotional scars...no wonder I need help. I did retired from the U.S. Navy and I do draw a decent pension with benefits. What the Navy doesn't cover the Department of Veterans Affairs does...or is supposed to. That is where a service organization comes in. They fight to get you the help you need. I choose the Disabled American Veterans to represent me in my claims of disability to the VA. My services representative was helpful, efficient, knowledgeable, and most of all looking out for me. I am now rated at 30 percent disabled directly connected to my military service; and that is only round one. The DAV representative tells me it could and should be higher based on my 13 service connected disabilities. Yes, I need help! I need all the help and support and love y'all can give because I gave myself, the best years of my life, in the service of our nation. It's true...Freedom isn't Free!

No comments: