Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Retirement Home

I have a question for you. Have you ever wanted to retire to a nice home in the country? How about a manor on the lake with a view of rolling hills? Better still...snow covered mountains? Yep, I had the same dream! Feast your eyes on this beauty I found. Before you laugh, I want you to know that I worked hard for 26 years serving my great nation, and this is all my pension allows. It is where the magic happens. As you gaze into the windows (I don't recommend you really do that...perverts) of my 816 square foot mansion; you will find me busy at the computer doing something mightily important. What pray tell? Lots of stuff. Today, I was really at it paying the bills that my sumptuous life style produces. I am afraid that I will soon have to let the help go. Good thing that he turns 18 years old in about 16 months. Wouldn't like to put him on the street before that, but I would dare say that he is likely to eat better there. Also, I was at the chess thingy watching two players duke it out. You know things are pathetic when your entertainment is watching Chess...or Golf...or Bowling. However, I was hoping to learn something useful from the Grandmasters at work. You see, the game is really complicated. All this talk about Static features and Dynamic features and Imbalances of a chess game is enough to make your head swim. The Masters of the game, in particular, the Grandmasters, make it look easy. Way to easy. They would have you thinking "Yeah, I can play like that". Then some non-master comes along and starts with "Everyone knows...". Oh, uhm...I don't...are you sure? To make matters worse, once you learn something as a rule, one must realize that it is only a guide. There are exceptions...lots of them. Just as in life.

No comments: