Monday, May 7, 2007

Kansas weather leads to home improvement


Today is one of those days. Late last night I went to my basement to get some clothes and bottled water before I retired for the evening. Everything was fine and secure and it remained thus until I went to bed. In fact, the only thing that was going on was this line of severe weather which was coming into Leavenworth from the South at 50 mph. This weather system was to remain in place for the next 8 hours, but small chance it was going to produce a tornado; so beddy bye I went. So guess what awaited me this morning? That is correct...a new indoor swimming pool! Hey, Little Todd! Yes, Papa? Come quick, we won a new pool!! New pool? What the hell? Pool? Surprise, surprise. My basement was flooded and the water was rising. At this rate the deep end would be about 6 feet in a couple of hours. Crap! I can't handle this at half-four in the morning (Sobbing). God, if you help me I promise to go to church (more sobbing). What I need is action. So I donned my Marine Corps Drill Sargent attitude: Look here sweet pea...you best un-eff yourself before I rip out your eyes and skull eff you! That got my son's attention. Private Toss off, bring your sorry ass down here...and start sweeping! It brought back fond memories of boot camp. In this manner, all hands commenced the de-watering evolution. It would be some hours later when it secured...long after the Private had to force march to school. Enjoy the photo.


I just want everyone to know that the harsh language in the story was for dramatic effect and a bit of military humor only. I can neither confirm, nor deny, that such language was used; and if I did have such knowledge, I would not be at liberty to discuss it with personnel without their having a need to know.

No comments: