Friday, May 25, 2007

Upon The Road Of Anthracite

Friday. Today is the day that I visit my priest friend, Father Thorne, at the Price Chopper. As always, he asks me for the latest news about me. I was telling him about this blog and how I was telling its readers about the train Phoebe Snow. He thought for about a minute and said "I remember that train...my brother and I would watch it pull into Hoboken". He was telling me how it was the Queen Mary of the train world. Very posh!

I included the image of Miss Phoebe Snow for all to enjoy. I don't know how much longer I will write about trains and my hometown? I have had such positive comments about it that I feel I must tell the stories. Let me know if you become bored!!

Since today is Friday, I am meant to be playing chess at The Chess Club. I usually try to catch the lesson and play a few off-hand games. Yes, nothing serious to spoil my night. I wonder if Ken has a job opening?

Today was busier than normal. First, I had the breakfast meeting I described above. After that it was off to the Veteran's Affairs Medical Center here in Leavenworth, Kansas. It has a big fancy name, like the Eisenhower Medical Center, but most just call it the VA MC. I had to update my VA identification card, so it includes the words: service connected. I then made an appointment to get a hearing aid and went to Human Resources to ask about a job. I don't need much money, but some more would make home improvements and auto repairs comfortable. Later, I had to take my pretty blue Mustang GT over to the Ford Dealer. I hate doing that. Just as soon as you get there the problem disappears and you can't make anyone believe that it ever existed. The good part about the this dealer is they have free Star bucks coffee. I really like good coffee!

It is almost amusement park time. Soon I will write about the Roller-Coasters in this area. I can hardly wait to get aboard the Mamba at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri. Oh, just as a preview...the first drop is 205 feet!

No comments: